Friday, March 12, 2010

This is the end

The end of high prices (yes, simpsons reference).

Friday afternoon is a predictably good day. My lesson was fairly decent, the students were great, and after work I ate a bunch of pizza w/soda (and even some salad) for free. How could I not be happy?

Took a 20 minute nap on the train and it was still great. I am home now and STILL I am feeling good, and blasting music (much of which is happy). Yet I know there is an inevitable retreat of that feeling... that elation will slowly become deflation. I am fine with that, but I wonder if there is anything I should do now, that I feel like I can do pretty much anything (and I'm not even in an alcohol/drug induced altered state of mind). I guess I can enjoy it and dance. Then I can do my taxes.

But what about saying what you really feel WHILE you really feel? I never quite feel as much on most other days. So is now the time to call all of my friends and tell them that I love them or hate them or just think about them? Do I let it pass until I become a normal person?

Let's loop back to the pizza - I think it was in honor of a new employee, who is from San Diego, but lived in Portland for the past year (I really think that living/having lived in Portland is almost certain to get you a job at this place, as the hiring person loves it). It came out that I went to Reed and she said " Oooh you're a reedie? Every reedie I met was eccentric and awkward" ... and I felt inclined to ask "are you including me in that group?"
I wouldn't want her to think that after talking to me for 2 minutes, but I do want to be eccentric, any kind of centric, really.

I want to be ...memorable. Don't you?

also my co-workers are apparently pretty cool and did hardcore peace corps instead of peace corps lite and posh corps. I wonder if this joke is accessible to any other ex-corpians.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like specifics on the pizza - what was on it?
    You haven't done your taxes yet? Tsk tsk.... and lastly, I do not think you should wait in regards to disclosing to your friends your thoughts one way or the other, or that you have thoughts about them at all. You may think you have many opportunities but that isn't always true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza was pretty delicious - I had a slice with chicken, a slice with tomato and another slice with mushrooms.

    Taxes not done yet.

    As for the "disclosing", well there is not really a whole lot to "disclose" so much as share. I am not holding back any crucial information, and I didn't mean keeping something to myself for a long time - just that when I am in a particularly alive mood (which might not come about tomorrow, as it usually does, because I am sick) if I need to be aware that I will not feel that way for very long when making decisions.

    ReplyDelete