Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Self-indulgent birthday post

(As opposed to self-indulgent every other day post)

I'm laughing because I think my uncle just told me I need to study less and sleep around more (or date or something, we spoke in euphemisms and it was slightly uncomfortable). It was kind of whoa. I like it, because it's different from the usual "oh, you're so responsible" or "you're such a hard worker" stuff I hear. I like hearing critique, and though this one was a bit unexpected, it's kind of nice to see it from a different point of view. Maybe he's right. It kind of reminds me of several years ago when my Mom told me I was boring. That should have been an urgent call to action, but instead I just reacted in an extraordinarily dull way ("Mom, why are you being mean?" or something of the sort).

If close elder relatives are telling you to get a life, maybe you need to get a life?

No comments:

Post a Comment